School Community Newsletter October 2016
- The school ePayment system is now up and running. Thank you to the parents who are using it so far. It greatly reduces the amount of cash being held in the school. The feedback from parents has been very positive.
- Plans for the new classrooms have been drawn up and a planning application is underway. Changes in procurement laws delayed this process somewhat. Planning permission takes approx. 12 weeks. The project then goes for e-Tender which takes another 6 weeks. It will therefore be the springtime before the building commences. The building will take approx. 6 months to complete. The new rooms will go on the green area at the rear of the school and the plans will be uploaded to the school website in due course.
- The Communion will take place on 13th of May at 11am.
- The Confirmation will take place on 2nd of June at 1pm.
- Parent Teacher meetings will take place on 15th & 16th November. Times will be allocated shortly.
- Our school is participating in Discover Primary Science Award for Science and Maths Excellence again this year.
- We are also working towards another Green Schools Flag this year. Thank you to Avril Daly for co-ordinating this initiative.
- Please be vigilant in checking your child’s hair on a weekly basis for head lice.
- Our school enrolment as of the 30th of September is 189 pupils, which retains our staffing at 7 mainstream teachers for the remainder of this school year.
- Please visit our school website for latest school news and copies of our school policies. monageans.scoilnet.ie . Please see photos of Maths Week 2016 uploaded also.
- Thank you to the Parents Association for installing permanent cones to facilitate the ‘Park and Go’ traffic system.
- A reminder that children are not supervised before 9am on our school yard. It is not safe to leave your children unsupervised before that time.
- Children are asked to wear their tracksuits after the Halloween holidays.
Ciara Fitzgerald, School Principal